Since we provide you with detailed assembly instructions, your playground structure can be assembled by your own community members. Self installation can save up to 25% - 30% of your budget so that you can receive the best playground your budget can afford. Installation times can vary depending on the size of the structure and amount of people involved. Assembling our structures within the community can give a sense of fulfilled accomplishment and community camaraderie. Many of our structures can be assembled within a weekend with good workers and great teamwork.
All site prep, such as grounds work or old structure removal should be done prior to assembly. Please call your utility companies before you start digging to prevent damage to power, water or gas lines. Installation of playground equipment over a hard surface such as concrete, asphalt, or packed earth may result in serious injury from unfortunate falls. Installation can be performed with tools and materials found at most all hardware stores. Below is a list of these tools and materials.
- Transit or builders level
- Stakes, string, marking paint
- Augur or post hole diggers
- Wheel barrow
- Tape measures
- Rock bar
- Round point shovels
- 6' step ladder
- Electric or cordless drills
- Assorted drill bits up to 5/8"
- Socket set to accommodate 1 1/8"
- Circular saw (wood units)
- Extension cords
- 4' level
- S-hook crimpers - installing swings
- Generator - if power is unavailable
- Jigsaw - cutting plastic panels
- Rat tail file
- Bricks or blocks for bottom of ground holes
- Bolt cutters - for swing chain adjustment
- Channel lock pliers
- Rubber hammer
- Utility knives
- 1/2" electric impact wrench (wood units)
- 9/16" deep well impact socket (wood units)